This past Saturday: seen shortly after my first (outdoor) run of 2014 - 3.5 miles. Pier 15 is a personal favorite ending spot
Click one of the links below to complete your single pizza adventure!
I love this! Both are happy endings, in my opinion. Happy Valentine’s Day …
uh, pardon, something is in my eyes/ excuse me while i maybe sort of might sob uncontrollably
I just finished reading Robert Hilburn’s excellent biography of Johnny Cash, which really delves into the dark moments of his marriage to June Carter. They both had a lot of issues, but they stuck it out—which makes this letter even more moving.
A moat of slush surrounded Penn Station this morning. Your miserable slog entertains me, commuters
Years ago, sometime in the late ’90s, I auditioned for a one-act play in NY. It was a light comedy about a playwright who had a troll who lived in his closet who wrote his plays for him. My audition for the role of the the troll went very well. I thought the character suited my strengths; I took…
Happy Groundhog Day!
Daughter of miner with pet ground hog. Dixie Darby Fuel Company, Marne Mine, Lejunior, Harlan County, Kentucky., 09/13/1946.
Russell Lee, Photographer. From the Department of the Interior’s series: Photographs of the Medical Survey of the Bituminous Coal Industry
Possibly one of the cutest records in usnatarchives' holdings, this cuddly “Marmota monax” goes by a few other names. What do you call them? Woodchuck? Groundhog? Whistle-pig? Land-beaver? Varmint?
After an inquiry this week, aides to Mr. de Blasio acknowledged that the mayor is nearly an inch taller than he has publicly let on. Mr. de Blasio stands 6-foot-5 and seven-eighths of an inch, according to a study commissioned by his office.
“The man I’ve known for 22 years is not what he appears to be,” said Chirlane McCray, Mr. de Blasio’s wife, who is 5-foot-3 1/2 inches and, according to aides, wielded a household tape measure to conduct the test. (The mayor was not made available for an independent review.)
NYT exclusive: Bill de Blasio has been lying about his height! (“A Mayor Most Everybody Looks Up To, Even When He Slouches” via NYT)
A visual summary of the SOTU
Before we enter the new year, here’s a top 10 of the pics on the blog this year. (Ranked in order of most notes)
1. Characters: Batman & Robin Series: DC Comics Photographer: Andrew Browne Cosplayers: Unknown
2. Character: Super Girl Series: DC Comics/ Infinite Crisis MultiUniverse Photographer: Cory Nellon Cosplayer: T. Jakeru Frost
3. Characters: Wonder Woman Series: DC Comics Photographer: Unknown Cosplayers: Unknown
4. Characters: Lumpy Space Princess, Princess Bubblegum, & Marceline Series: Adventure Time Photographer: Andrew Browne Cosplayers:Alica Forde, Karissa Harte and Crystal Derrell
5. Characters: Poca-han-solo & Anakin-Rapunzel Series: Star Wars/Pocahontas/Tangled Photographer: Sarah Guichard Cosplayers: Jennifer and Aleu Moana
9. Character: Inspector Gadget Series: Inspector Gadget Photographer: Ricardo X. Toombs Cosplayer: Unknown
(If you have any sources for the unkown cosplayers/photographers please PM me.
The rank only include pics that were uploaded and submitted to this blog. (No reblogs from other blogs were counted)
These are so great. My favorite is Inspector Gadget!